Friday, July 11, 2008

Microsoft Publisher and Me

I have been exploring Microsoft Publisher and learning how to create published documents. I have decided to complete my project using MS Publisher. It strikes me as a very user friendly program. The first page offers popular publication types and I have decided to either work with the Brochure option or the Flyer option. The Brochures and Flyers will work well with the subject matter of my publication.

I will be creating a publication for youth services programming. The program itself will be fictional in nature but the subject matter connects with my web-page and my PowerPoint. My web-page explores the Jewish holiday of Purim and I retell the Story of Esther. My PowerPoint explores the lessons presented in the Story of Esther.

I am going to present a publication based on a fictional production of a Purim Shpiel. A Purim Shpiel is a play that dramatically reenacts the Story of Esther. Purim is a very family oriented holiday and many synagogues hold family services on Purim. The children are encouraged to shake noisemakers when the Story of Esther is told to the congregation. My publication will give information about the Purim Shpiel that is being performed at a fictional temple.

No comments: